The Université de Montréal is a French-language institution. This English website contains only the most frequently consulted pages from our French website.http://www.umontreal.ca/english/linguistic_information.html
Master's in Physics
Build on your basic knowledge in physics and learn how to conduct research.
Our Master's in Physics program equips you to teach physics at the CEGEP level or launch a career with a high-tech firm.
The master’s program is offered with or without an option.
Master's without an option
Choose one of the specializations offered by the professors in our Department: astrophysics, condensed matter, plasma physics, mathematical physics or particle physics.
Master's with an option
Option A - Biophysics and Molecular Physiology
Study the physics of basic biological phenomena, particularly in the field of biological membranes and membrane proteins.
Option B - Medical Physics
Acquire in-depth knowledge in the area of medical physics. Work in hospitals or other healthcare institutions or in the healthcare industry.
Option C - Plasma – International track
Study the physical and chemical aspects of natural and laboratory-created plasmas, through courses at the Université de Montréal and at Université Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier.
Questions about this program?
- All about this program (in French)
- Financial support
- Find a thesis supervisor
- International (in French)
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying physics at the Université de Montréal!
- The physics library and laboratory are reserved for physics students working on experiment reports, numerical physics, mathematical tools for symbolic manipulation, etc.
- Lectures by renowned scholars, to stay abreast of the latest advances in the field.
- Internationally renowned professors recognized for their publications and the prestigious awards and scholarships they have received.
- UdeM ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in physical sciences according to the lastest Times Higher Education rankings.